15 Top Favor Ideas
by Allison Rushby
These days, less traditional favors are being given to guests.
Brides are being more creative and are letting their imaginations
run wild. Favors can include personalized chocolates to potted
- One new and popular favor idea is to give each guest
a bottle of bubble blowing mixture. The bottles can have
a personalized label with your names and wedding date
printed on them. Bubbles can then be blown by guests instead
of throwing confetti or birdseed, which is often not allowed
at many reception venues.
- Candles are a romantic gift and can be tied with ribbon,
or decorated with tulle. Candles make a useful favor for
your guests and are quite inexpensive.
- Potpourri is a nice thought and can be used by guests
to scent their drawers or wardrobe. You could use different
flowers in the potpourri, depending on the flowers you
have used in your bouquet. Roses are the most popular
choice, and the potpourri will give your reception venue
a lovely perfume.
- Potted plants are another inexpensive favor choice.
Try to purchase small seedlings with flowers. The pot
can then be decorated with tulle or ribbon for a festive
- For a fun favor, you could buy some small terracotta
pots and decorate them with paint, ribbon or tulle. Then,
buy packets of mixed flower seed and place one packet
in each pot. Your guests will be able to plant their own
favor and watch it grow!
- Different sized and shaped baskets offer a wide variety
of favor ideas. You could buy some small baskets, decorate
them with ribbon, and fill them with lilies or potpourri.
- Fans are a dainty gift and can be decorated with fresh
or silk flowers, ribbons or satin rosettes.
- Another new trend is to make chocolate "coffee
spoons". These are simply plastic spoons dipped in
melted chocolate and decorated with a piece of ribbon.
The spoons are then used by the guests to stir their coffee,
whereby it melts. If you like, the chocolate could be
flavored with mint, vanilla or rum essence.
- Gold or silver bells are pretty and can be ceramic or
made out of plastic. They can be spray painted to match
your color theme, or tied with ribbon for decoration.
- For a sentimental favor, you could write a poem expressing
your feelings about your wedding day and thanking your
guests for helping to make it so special. This could be
made into a scroll, tied with ribbon and placed on each
- For a truly special favor, you could buy some small,
antique looking silver frames. These can be used as place
cards and will be a real treasure for your guests for
years to come.
- A small book of poetry would make a nice favor and
your names and wedding date can be written on the inside
front cover of the book by a calligrapher.
- Personalized chocolates come in many different varieties
and are always well received. They can be ordered from
professional confectionery companies.
- Another new trend is to have a "photo tree"
which doubles as an ornament for your reception, as well
as your favors. Appoint someone to take an instant photo
of each guest, or couple, as they arrive at your reception.
Then, when everyone has arrived, tie each photo to a tree
placed in the corner of the room. At the end of the reception,
have your host announce that each guest can find their
photo on the "photo tree" and take it home to
remember the day by.
- Brainstorm, and try to think of some unusual favors
that tie in with you and your fiancé's interests
and hobbies. If you both like to cook, your favor could
be small jars of preserves. If you like to write, or are
great readers, you could give pretty notebooks or small
books. Your thoughts are sure to end in a favor that gives
an extra personal touch that your guests will appreciate.
Courtesy USABride www.usabride.com
Brookside Farm is operated by Family
All proceeds from weddings support the charity
work of Family Care Foundation, as do car donations. Click
here to make a car donation, truck donation, RV donation or
boat donation to Donate
Car to Charity